Mahalo for considering your involvement with TEDxHilo.
This is a grassroots effort. Volunteer organizers are needed for this event. We humbly request your help to organize, produce and deliver TEDxHilo.
The connections you make at TEDxHilo will last a lifetime. The knowledge, expertise and perspectives are capable of condensing years of information into bite-sized chunks that are easy to digest.
We need immediate and promotional support now to launch our marketing and ticket sales efforts.
Specific needs from the community:
- Media Professionals to alert their channels, attend and report.
- Community Business Leaders to get involved in the discussion to shape ideas for business leading towards job creation.
- Community mentors to help assure smooth delivery of TEDxHilo from multiple perspectives.
- Hawaii County Council and Administration and departmental support.
- Sponsors willing to contribute to the event to assure the highest quality standards can be met and exceeded.
- University of Hawaii faculty, administration, student and staff involvement.
- Accounting support to help with pre and post event fiscal reporting. Youâ€™ll be responsible for reporting to our sponsors and the organizers.
- On-site volunteer coordinators. Youâ€™ll setup and run a volunteer mtg at the event to communicate all volunteer responsibilities to the right volunteers.
- AttendeeÂ liaisonsÂ to help folks find seats and answer basic questions. Youâ€™ll be responsible for making sure everyone has a great time watching and participating in the event. Specifically we want folks that can help start conversations between attendees.
- Someone to escort presenters off the stage after their presentation. You will lead them to their designated discussion areas in the lobby of the venue. Youâ€™ll be instrumental in starting the post-presentation discussion.
- Sound engineers and support to help with setup and take down. Youâ€™ll be responsible for making sure we make sweet music together and folks can clearly hear the presentations.
- Multimedia support services to help setup projectors, screen and computers running slide shows. Youâ€™ll be responsible for visuals that display as intended and making the attendees eyes get big and filled with TEDxHilo joy.
- Writers and online marketersÂ to help get the word out!
- Print designers to produce collateral materials forÂ distributionÂ pre and post event. Youâ€™ll be responsible for making us look great in print at the forum and around town before the event. Your art will help sell tickets.